Easy tutorial to make a white flower planter with a tire.
- Get a large old tire.
- Cut it using a utility knife.straight slits about six inches apart and five–six inches long, working from the center hole toward the outer edge. It took a very long time. I was cutting through rubber and steel.
- Make straight slits about six inches apart and five–six inches long, working from the center hole toward the outer edge. It took a very long time to cut through rubber and steel.
- Turn the whole tire inside out. The process of turning a tire inside-out is a challenging one that required multiple attempts. I would not advise anyone to try it all alone; please get a buddy.
- Black tires can get very hot sitting in the sun on a summer’s day, so paint the black rubber surface with a lighter color (the outside and the inside of the tire with one can of spray paint).
- Place the tire planter and fill it with a mixture of potting soil and compost.
First of all, you must be very careful while cutting the tire. I would advise wearing Mechanics gloves to protect your hands from injury, and to go slowly. Furthermore, turning the tire inside-out is not for the faint-hearted and requires a lot of muscle, which is why it is important to have a partner to help you.